Wednesday 22 July 2009

A Break From The Beach

Rain has paid me a visit today for the first time since I've been home.

I hope this is not the beginning of a cycle, and that the rain is not stalking me from Florida like an ex-boyfriend.

Today is a bad day to rain, though. Why? Well, tomorrow is the beginning of the "World's Largest Reggae Concert" and it is held outside, in grass. Wet grass and slippers do not mix. Yes, for someone who hates feet, I practically only wear sandals. After all, I don't hate MY feet; they are mine.

Back to the rain. It even rains better in Jamaica. You might think I am over-doing this "I love it here" thing, but seriously. When it rains here it is relaxing. When it rains in the sunshine state, you have to wonder how many angry cousins Hurricane Katrina has.

I feel like I should not be complaining though. After all, I have been here over a week now, (yeah it has been a week already) and this is the first time I am seeing rain and hearing "thunder." I put that in quotes because I mostly have to press my ears to the window to hear it. As opposed to being awakened at night by the sound of the world ending, then being afraid to go back to sleep.

Still, I will be missing out on my daily exercise of swimming at the beach. I suppose I could still go in the evening, if the rain subsides, but until then I feel lost. What to do today?

Whoever is not working is at home with no way of getting around; and then there is that one who has to live at school for the rest of the summer with curfews and such.

I hope I don't have to stay here all day in my room. I can only do those things in Florida. Someone needs to have an idea. That water balloon fight perhaps?

Until then, I guess I just have to wait.

Stupid football training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?