Saturday 11 January 2014

Love The Earth

I've been going through a lot of positive changes in my life that I now realise are mostly a result of all the bad events that culminated last year. I've often touted 2013 as the worst year of my adult life and for many reasons it was.

But for many, even more important reasons -- it also was the most compelling. 

And as life would have it, I didn't realise the latter until the very end of the year in the midst of the subconsciously-mandated reflection time that comes in tandem with a new year. 

Some of the changes I've been making in my life have been a gradual process, like my eating habits, for reasons I've listed out in my head and at times to others. But some of them came more as a sporadic calling with seemingly no reason or explanation behind it: I just woke up one day and felt the universe calling me to do something, so I did it.

Still, most of the changes are spiritual. My chakras are wide open. My sensitivity to energy from others has peaked. And my consciousness has elevated. I've detached myself from so many man-made unnatural things, and just the tangible world in general.

In one year everything has changed. 

I've lost friends along this journey in the weirdest of ways, as if God himself came down and personally removed them from my life. I've had my phone stolen twice, leaving me refreshingly phone less for a while. I've had my heart broken several times in way too small a time period. I've explored abandoned parts of my island. I've walked away from a stagnant career. I've lost all of my money and stopped seeking out income. I've contemplated death on too many occasions. I've sought out professional help. I've reconnected with family members and redirected my energy entirely. I've lost interest in what I wear, in shopping for things other than food. I've sat around a bonfire in the middle of the night sharing stories and food with complete strangers. I've redesigned my thought process on relationships, both intimate and platonic, and essentially the world itself. I've  faced the reality of irreconcilable relationships. And I've gotten involved in giving myself and time to others who have no one -- undeservedly so.

All of this, and more, in one year. One extremely turbulent but totally worth-it year.

Truth be told, sometimes all the changes make me feel like such an outcast. An extremist. A rebel. Someone who totally goes against the grain of everything society now stands for, who believes in things that only hippies or weirdos do -- except for when I come across articles like the one I just read; articles that make me feel like I'm not so radical after all.

I like to keep my blog 'me', as evidenced. My thoughts. My words. My invitation into my universe. But every now and then I happen upon some writing that feels like a message from my own soul. It's work like these that make me feel like our souls are so much more interconnected than we take the time to notice. We can literally tune into each other's frequencies in the same way we tune into our favourite radio stations. All we have to do is turn up the volume and listen: listen to each other, listen to the earth, listen to our souls, listen to our bodies.

Everything speaks to us. The universe, or God, speaks to us every day. It's just that we can't hear it unless we're on the right station.

But I'll save the vibration talk for another day. For now, for today, I hope you take something positive from the article below, as I have.

Oh, and happy new year.

The link ---->  The Man Who Lives Without Money

Enjoy. 

9 comments:

  1. Your way with words is simply amazing, your mind is attractive, just the way your process life and your outlook on it blows me away. The positive energy that you have within you has the power to move mountains. Such an interesting young lady, who I hope to meet one day (hopefully at DCBC) if I'm lucky cause it seems when you are there you are at your happiest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I saw your tweet, I'm glad you appreciated my comment.
    Keep up the good work

    Your fan in hiding :)
    Till we meet at DCBC.... One day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I would stop by to ask you this question it's interesting and fun at the same time. Seen it around for a while now, here goes.
    If you could call yourself 5 years ago and had 40 seconds to talk what would you say?

    Fan in hiding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy. I'd tell her to stop planning, take each day as it comes. And in the mean time, remember to always be kind to others and take special note of how you treat people who love you. Karma is a real thing.

      Delete
  4. Good answer I like it , your shows the mature thinker that you are, others would have probably said I'd tell myself the lottery numbers lol. You put hope in this generation and I say this based of your tweets and posts etc.
    If I had to call myself I would definitely tell myself to take a more risks and keep enjoying life, treat others with respect and kindness even if it's not returned.. It pays off in the long run . And oh yeah... probably how to find this blog earlier than I actually did :) .
    It's interesting to read, I do hope you never lose your fire to write.
    Do you hope to be a published author someday ?
    (sorry for the mini interview)

    Sincerely
    Fan in hiding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no worries. It's nice that someone takes interest in what I do. (Sorry I'm just seeing this, and thank you thank you for reading!) I've thought about being an author several times. I can see it being something I do in my old age, after I've retired to the hills of Jamaica. But for now, I'm still trying to figure things out. :)

      Delete
  5. I never usually comment on blogs or anything on the internet but I feel compelled to do so now because your blog gives me life. I feel deeply connected because we share a lot of the same views and feelings and I have never met a person like that before. I have always felt kind of lost and alone in the world because it sometimes feels like no one really gets me. But you are able to articulate all the things that I really feel and I thank you for sharing. It truly gives me life and even helps me to understand myself better. Not sure if that makes any sense… lol. Anyway I hope you continue to post and perhaps one day you'll be my neighbor in the hills of jamaica. :-) --Freedom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad I am able to help and touch people through my writing. So very fulfilling!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I never usually comment on blogs or anything on the internet but I feel compelled to do so now because your blog gives me life. I feel deeply connected because we share a lot of the same views and feelings and I have never met a person like that before. I have always felt kind of lost and alone in the world because it sometimes feels like no one really gets me. But you are able to articulate all the things that I really feel and I thank you for sharing. It truly gives me life and even helps me to understand myself better. Not sure if that makes any sense… lol. Anyway I hope you continue to post and perhaps one day you'll be my neighbor in the hills of jamaica. :-) --Freedom

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?