Wednesday 26 August 2009

A Temporarily Broke Semi- Insomniac

I woke up yesterday rejoicing because I finally slept through the entire night.

I had even planned to write an entire blog about how I have been cured and how refreshed I feel about the situation, only to take a step back last night.

As usual, I woke up and tossed and turned a few times until I was finally able to go back to sleep. This time I woke up around 6am and had to wake up again at 7 45 for class. I really am having trouble trying to figure this out. If I am tired and comfortable, then WHY CANT I SLEEP?

Could it be that I have too much on my mind? The work-load from my Spanish class is stressing me out already and mother dearest is as well. She reminds me every day that I am the stereotypical broke-ass college student.

Actually, I cannot even afford to be broke.

I plan to go into the financial aid office after this class and beg them for a job on campus. (This is going to be very hard for me because begging is not my thing.) According to my roommate though, "you have to go for what you want and don't stop until you get it." That is a good way to put it. Note the sarcasm.

When it comes down to it, I would be begging; but it is kind of imperative so I just have to suck it up. Of course if it does not work I will probably be really upset, and my pride will be bruised. I have never worked before because I never wanted to before time. I figured I'd be working for the rest of my life anyway, why not hold out as long as possible. So me looking for a job is shocking to say the least.

Meisha, working? Are the pigs flying? No. They still use all fours. But being broke and hungry is enough to send even me on the hunt, and I don't think I will be able to sleep well until I am successful.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I often struggle with sleeping issues. It totally sucks. I hate not being able to sleep. My mind just never ever shuts off.

    Good luck getting a job!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?