Sunday 23 August 2009

Take Two

Today was a much better day.

We woke up early this morning and went down to the office to get everything situated. When I say we I mean my 3 old roommates and mother dearest. At first they did not want to let us in because they claimed we were too early, but when we requested the manager - who was very hospitable about it - they allowed us in. There was no need for voice-raising or anything of that nature.

I call that a success.

After getting through with a new room, we all had to move yet again. Allegedly I have too many things, I beg to differ. I had 3 suitcases and 4 plastic containers. Is it that bad? Oh yeah, and the bookshelf. But that is not even real wood so that was lightweight. I could lift it with a finger. (Hyperbole.) With 8 hands the task was performed much more efficiently.

The biggest issue was the flights of stairs we had to climb to get to the third floor. I am all out of complaints though, I promise. (At least for now.) The room is much cleaner, the roommates quieter, and so far there are no signs of live-in boyfriends.

On that note, I better get a full nights rest. Last night in the roach-infested room I practically tossed and turned the whole time. I even managed to bbm my brother at 4am in a huge panic about my laptop that he drove away with yesterday. (That was my thought process in the middle of the night, sue me.) Now he has to make a 2 hour drive from G-ville just to bring it to me.

What can I say, it is a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?