Wednesday 12 August 2009

Reality? What's that.

Four weeks have come and gone, and here I am the day before my alleged departure date wondering where the time went.

The party weekend has ended and one by one everyone is leaving the island to get back to reality. Am I the only one who does not believe in reality here? I mean really. If people would be satisfied with less then there would be no need to rush back to work or school. You would simply get to kick back, put your feet up, and think about how broke, but happy, you are.

I could get used to it.

But vacations are not endless, and my time will soon arrive. I got another email from Mrs. Over-Excited-Much today, telling me that the date for test 4 she gave in the last email was wrong. (I really should have canceled my email accounts for the vacation.) I guess being early does not mean you have everything in order. Maybe she should have taken some time to relax instead of being so eager, then possibly she could have gotten it right the first time.

On the plus side, I think I have finally succeeded in a flight extension! The exclamation point was totally necessary to emphasize my sheer excitement at the accomplishment of this task. The only issue here is that I have no idea when I am going to be able to find a flight that is not completely booked out so I can get back in time to move into my apartment. This reminds me of another upsetting event in regards to school.

I have been expecting some mail from my future apartment complex telling me which building I am in and who my roommates are. This email was supposed to arrive in May and it is now August, a week before the move in date, and they have nothing to tell me. This meant that I had to find the number, pick up the phone, and call them for the millionth time to ask them what the hell is taking them so long. After not pairing me with the roommates I requested (all 3 of them got paired together) it turns out they could not find my information.

What are the odds huh?

All I have to say is that I have a crazy reality to go back to; and I am not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. i don't believe in reality either, but it somehow keeps finding me. not sure how something i don't believe in is stalking me. i'll let someone else figure it out...i'll be far too busy drinking wine.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?