Saturday 29 August 2009

I Forgot What This Felt Like

I spent all day in bed.

I would start the description of my day by saying "I woke up at.." But the only problem with that version is that it is not real. To spare you from going down that path one more time, I will just move on from there. (As much as I hate medication I am beginning to consider the melatonin suggestion from Optimistic Pessimist.)

Today is (or should I say would have been?) the birthday of Michael Joseph Jackson. So, of course, every station that is any station was showing some kind of story or documentary or movie in reference to him. As a die hard MJ fan, I managed to watch about three of said programs from the comfort of my bed. It is a bit embarrassing, but I will admit that quite possibly I shed a few tears.

In between all of that I also tried sleeping, but my attempt at such a feat proved an epic fail. Go figure. I am thinking I should have just went to the water polo practice like I had planned to, so my day would not have been a complete waste. I am also slightly upset with myself for completing all of my homework from yesterday. I know, I am a loser. Whatever. Having homework to do beats sitting around all day. It is pretty sad when "taking a shower" becomes your most entertaining activity for the day.

Hopefully something can magically come up for tonight. I might not be much of a night person, but it is better than nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Beyond melatonin, perhaps one of those sunshine lamps would help. They put off vitamin D, a major contributor to seasonal depression. If that's not the case, you may consider just speaking with a doc about a little boost of something for a short period of time. Melatonin isn't FDA regulated and sometimes your dose can shift a bit dramatically if you begin using it without being sure about the maker. Seriously, I worked in psych for 5 years before becoming a glamorous housewife and the staying in bed crying steps into the serious realm. Oh, and if working makes you feel better you may consider writing a freelance article or two for some local mag's and submitting them. Money and resume builders all at once! All right, all right, time to leave you alone. Sorry about all of the advice. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes if you use melatonin be careful and start with the smallest dose. I use it to get back into a good sleeping cycle and then don't use it for a while. I've never known anyone who has had trouble with it and I think it is relatively safe considering you can buy it in the vitamin supplement aisle...I just don't think (as with any type of sleeping aide) it's good to use for extended periods of time. My thoughts on melatonin are that it's safer than using sleeping pills and I never feel groggy from it.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?